Roofing contractors specializing in single-ply roofing for commercial properties
Thermoplastic is one of the most popular commercial roofing options. It’s inherently more flexible than thermoset membranes and offers the advantage of being reheated, softened and shaped to any size or shape that best fits your commercial building. When it hardens after cooling, you’re still able to change it if there are any redesigns. In contrast, thermoset membranes harden after one heating & cannot be reshaped.
How long does a thermoplastic membrane roof last?
A properly installed thermoplastic membrane roof offers a service life of 10 to 20 years in our climate. No matter how many decades until you need an update, we’ll still be here!
Characteristics of TPO Single-ply Roofing
- Excellent resistance to tears and punctures
- Excellent resistance to UV rays
- Flexibility allows for easier installation
- Doesn’t need much maintenance
- Available in white, which helps reduce solar heat gain
- Environmentally friendly (No dioxins, chlorine or other hazardous materials used in making them and they are completely recyclable)
- Installed by adhesion, mechanical attachment (screw in fasteners) or ballasting (such as river rock)